Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Day


Thanksgiving is a time to thank God for all that He has given to us and for His watchful protection over us. We have our traditions and festivities and we get involved in all kinds of things. Did we truly celebrate Thanksgiving? Something that we always used to do is get the table all set and the food on the table and gather around and pray as a family. We would go all the way around the table, young and old, and give thanks for something. It puts things into perspective before you start to feast.
This year we had Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Jay and Kendra, Jonna and Jonathan, Grandma, and Nana and Bumpa were here. We missed Tim, Jamie, Katlyn, Braden, Grace, Meagan, Krystal, and Grampa.
We played games while the guys hunted one last time. Then Gramma went home and I made sure she got there and we were playing games when Jonathan came in and told us that Gramma had fallen and I ran to check on her. She had decided to go back outside (we don't know why) and when she stepped out the door she fell. We took her to ER and she had broken her hip. So Sunday morning they did surgery and at the age of 86 she has a brand new hip.
This is a picture of the boys waiting in the waiting room while Gramma was in surgery. See why I could resist? They are so perfect. This is how they always sit. (I know I shouldn't lie) Okay! This was an exception.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: