Tuesday, August 19, 2008

God Cares About Unmentionables

Last night we were having devotions just before bedtime. As we sat there on the couch, listening to the story, I was happy for a moment of peace when all the boys were actually hearing the story. Michael read the fisrt part and Trenten read the second half. After the story part was over we moved into a prayer direction. Dad asked if anyone had anything to pray about. Of course they all wanted to pray for Uncle Andy to stop smoking, and a few other "regular" requests; but Daddy wanted them to think about what they were asking God to do for us so He asked a few questions about their requests. Sunday night we had the Sankeys come for their deputation service there and had just heard about al the things they were praying for. So Dad asked if anyone could remember something that we should pray about from church. The boys all thought for a minute...
Michael says "Oh yeah! Pray for all the missionaries and the unmentionables."
I smiled and made it through the rest of devotions without any disturbance. I asked Troy later how he hadn't cracked a smile over this and discovered he hadn't even heard what Michael had said. So I had to explain that Michael had meant to say unspoken instead of unmentionables.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute:) It's a good thing God knows what we are talking about even if we don't.