Last summer, my husband, against my will built a pig pen. And... can you believe it... brought home pigs. It started out that he would bring home A pig. Well he found a friend who also wanted A pig. So they agreed to keep both pigs in our pen. As they awaited the birth of their pigs the plan expanded to include yet another pig. So on the day that "the three little piggies" came seek their fortunes and live at our home, these "big boys" promised this mommy that they would care for, feed, water, and "walk" their piggies. It turns out they underestimated the "brilliance of the little dummies and they couldn't "find" their water faucet. They had to have someone squirt it directly into their mouths. Needless to say, that while the "big boys" were at work, I had to hydrate the three little piggies. As it turns out it isn't profitable for us to raise our own porkers.
Now while the "big boys" did admit they didn't gain anything raising pigs, they were still discussing the possibilities of more pigs! I even had a song dedicated to me. It was titled "Who's Gonna Feed My 400 Hogs" So while I thought I had "won" the battle (of NOT getting pigs) these "big boys" had devised a plan to have COWS!
It was not mentioned to me at all. There was no conversation about bovines, moo-moos... One day Troy comes home from work and goes to "visit a friend. When he came home he told me of his two new baby calves. (And then had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to go with him to pick them up and take them to their new home.) I told him I wasn't loading any cows. He said, "I thought it would be okay since they aren't coming to our farm. I'm keeping them at the neighbors." So yet again, Troy has gotten his critters and isn't going to be the one to care for them. What a joy it must be to be such a manipulator. Troy needs to thank Larry Hazen for feeding his two cows.
We have spent some time at Larry's house talking and watching cows. We stand there like Fern from Charlotte's Web. I personally haven't heard any pigs, spiders, rats, geese, etc... speak; and quite honestly am afraid to ask Troy if he has.
This last Sunday night Larry got phone call and received some terrible news. His 21 year old son, drowned trying to save his friends. Loren Hazen was a firefighter and EMT in Kalkaska, MI. I pray that we will be able to show God's love to Larry and Kathy. May they see Jesus in us. May this be a time that they will seek to know God. May we at Evart Bible Methodist get the chance to be their family. There are hurting people all around us. It doesn't take a search party to find someone who needs the love of God.
Do you need any cows? Who know God may ask you to raise giraffes.
No comments:
Post a Comment