Troy has convinced me that we need to have a vehicle with 3rd row seating. So he was thinking mini van; but I thought my pride may be boldly standing in the way of me in a mini van. I have nothing against minivans... it's just that I am a truck kind of a gal. So Troy suggests we look at Excursions with a 7.3 diesel engine. I have always wanted a diesel!!!! So YES!!! Well the more we looked the more we realized that our pocket was too small. So Troy starts thinking Expedition... So we decided that WHEN we were ready to buy if we researched now we would have an idea what we'd be looking for. It was decided that we'd wait til the end of summer before we got serious.
Troy goes to work and passed by an Expedition and called the lady and set it up for her to meet with him. He came home and let me know that he'd found an awesome deal. So off I went to look at an Expedition.
When we arrived I realized that this was just a glorified minivan. "Troy, this is a minivan," I said.
"Carrie, this has a truck frame and a truck engine. Just wait until you drive it! It is four wheel drive!" Oh the moosh he fed me...
God says, "Carrie, I know the plans I have for you."
And I said.... "Yes, Lord, I'll buy the Expedition. But do I have to call it a minivan? I will if you you say I have to."
So I am the THANKFUL owner of a 2003 Ford Expedition. It is nice to have the extra room.
BUT I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP MY BIG RED F150. I still love my truck! Troy wants to know which vehicle is his? I think for a while they will both be mine; but only because I have to make sure he treats my truck with RESPECT! No running out in the swamps and hauling logs and... I will let go of my truck ONE FINGER AT A TIME!!!!
2 comments:
lol, I had no idea you felt that way about mini-vans. That is hilarious. I like your new vehicle...very nice. Can't wait to see it:)
HA! you sound like a friend of mine who didnt want to get rid of her grand prix...didnt want to be seen driving a min-van...thats funny...didnt know you had a blog carrie!! come by and visit me!!
http://blog-diggidy.com
Post a Comment