Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thinking Outside The Box

My dear sweet Michael... He is absolutely the sweetest, most thoughtful, most loveable boy one could ever have. I am positive that he will grow up to be someone AMAZING! He just doesn't think like everyone else. His mind moves in a different direction than you expect every time. Here's the latest story... (I just had to laugh.)
Yesterday Michael left his Math pace at home; so when he got home I had him do some work in it. When we got to school this morning, off he went to score his homework. He had scored the homework that he'd brought the pace home for in the first place and gone back to his desk. I went to check on him and saw what he was doing. He was erasing all the pages that he'd done last night!!! I said to him, "Michael, what are you doing?!!! You already had those pages done!" He looked me in the eyes and so very seriously said , "Okay. I'll tell you. I wanted to do easy pages for my work today."
He had erased the pages he'd already done so that he could do those same pages again today and get them done faster. So now we see that this child could very well change the world in a big way. If only God gives Troy and me the ability to channel this boys creativity and intuitiveness in the right direction.

No comments: